Nexplanon hurts 3 weeks after insertions

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

Nexplanon hurts 3 weeks after insertions

Unread post by Rainbowhooves »

The arm where the Nexplanon is in still hurts after 3 weeks. It's like a numb , muscle aching pain that takes up the whole arm if I use the arm. Today I was walking and had to rest my arm on the top of my coat that was tired around my waist to rest it . The pain isn't unbearable nor is it very strong but I feel like circulation is bad in that arm.
Anyone else have this? Does this mean I have to get it out? I feel like the arm gets warm sometimes too. It's barely bruised now
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Nexplanon hurts 3 weeks after insertions

Unread post by Redskies »

Do you already have a follow-up appointment scheduled? When someone gets the implant, it's usual for the healthcare provider to schedule a follow-up to check that everything's okay several weeks later. If you don't already have that scheduled soon, it's a good idea to contact the provider who did your implant and arrange one.

A follow-up appointment is exactly the right time to bring up this kind of issue with a healthcare provider. A provider who's trained in implant insertion can check it for you and judge whether everything's okay, based on what they feel and what you describe to them. Sometimes our body can still be a bit sore some time after a minor procedure, and it's possible that that's what you're feeling; or, rarely, an implant can move slightly in the arm to a place where it isn't comfortable. A healthcare provider should be able to advise you about what best to do.

Obviously, if the pain gets any worse or you have any other symptoms, you should see a healthcare provider as soon as you can, and not wait days or weeks for a regular follow-up.

If it did turn out that this implant needed moving, you can still likely use the implant as a method if you wanted to: likely, a healthcare provider would be able to put a new one in at the same time as removing the old one, in a slightly different position. Again, you'd just want to ask the provider about your options and let them know what you want :)
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic