STI

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
blondinella
not a newbie
Primary language: English

STI

Unread post by blondinella »

Hi,

I had a "one night stand" (yikes) late at the end of August - the condom broke. Late September I had a full STI Screening and all came back negative. I was wondering if i can put that behind me or if i am at risk for anything
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: STI

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Blondinella,

The best person to ask this question to is the healthcare provider who tested you because they can tell you what STIs you were tested for (not every place does a full screening unless asked). And, some STIs have to be in you system longer than others in order to create a positive test result, so your healthcare provider may also be able to tell you if you tested too soon for certain ones.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
blondinella
not a newbie

Thanks. I did a full screening literally. I also asked about HIV (as I know that takes more time to be in the system) but my healthcare provider had made told me the risk is too low to be concerned (especially if I dont know of his status). She had said chlyamydia (sorry spelling) is common, and important to catch early. It of course, came back negative. I guess if thats what she had said, I am in the clear..
Is there a way to delete accounts or posts on a side note?
blondinella
not a newbie

Side note: I was tested for HIV and Hep B and it was negative because it was included in the cost of the test.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, so, it sounds like they did a full screening and gave you an indication that you were in the clear. So, I would say that you can move on from worrying about this.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
blondinella
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Okay, so, it sounds like they did a full screening and gave you an indication that you were in the clear. So, I would say that you can move on from worrying about this.

Thanks Sam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic