STI

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
blondinella
not a newbie
Primary language: English

STI

Unread post by blondinella »

Hi,

I had a "one night stand" (yikes) late at the end of August - the condom broke. Late September I had a full STI Screening and all came back negative. I was wondering if i can put that behind me or if i am at risk for anything
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: STI

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Blondinella,

The best person to ask this question to is the healthcare provider who tested you because they can tell you what STIs you were tested for (not every place does a full screening unless asked). And, some STIs have to be in you system longer than others in order to create a positive test result, so your healthcare provider may also be able to tell you if you tested too soon for certain ones.
blondinella
not a newbie

Thanks. I did a full screening literally. I also asked about HIV (as I know that takes more time to be in the system) but my healthcare provider had made told me the risk is too low to be concerned (especially if I dont know of his status). She had said chlyamydia (sorry spelling) is common, and important to catch early. It of course, came back negative. I guess if thats what she had said, I am in the clear..
Is there a way to delete accounts or posts on a side note?
blondinella
not a newbie

Side note: I was tested for HIV and Hep B and it was negative because it was included in the cost of the test.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, so, it sounds like they did a full screening and gave you an indication that you were in the clear. So, I would say that you can move on from worrying about this.
blondinella
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Okay, so, it sounds like they did a full screening and gave you an indication that you were in the clear. So, I would say that you can move on from worrying about this.

Thanks Sam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic