large bump inside ceiling of vagina?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
juveneta
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

large bump inside ceiling of vagina?

Unread post by juveneta »

i’ve been fingering myself to get used to it but i can’t seem to because when i put my finger in i feel a large round lump to pass right when i’m in. it’s as if something is swollen in there. is this normal or do i have some sort of weird swollen condition? i’m paranoid. it doesn’t hurt though when i press up on it. just kinda makes me wanna pee.

i’m a virgin btw, and 18 years old.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: large bump inside ceiling of vagina?

Unread post by Mo »

Hi juveneta, and welcome to Scarleteen.
Without being able to see or feel what you're feeling, we can't say for sure what it is that you're feeling, but the inside of the vagina does have a texture to it; it's not entirely smooth.
I have two initial thoughts, here. The first is: if you're feeling this a little ways inside, you may be noticing the g-spot, which is discussed in detail in this article: With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body. It may be worth reading the section on the g-spot there to see if any of that description sounds like what you're experiencing.

Also, I'm wondering how aroused you're feeling when you're fingering yourself. If you're trying it just to get used to the feel of it, and you aren't feeling particularly aroused or really desiring a finger in yourself, vaginal entry is likely to feel more difficult and more like something's "in your way" because you won't be super relaxed in that moment. What are you feeling, in terms of arousal and overall sexual desire, when you're trying this?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

(This could also be your cervix, especially if you’re doing this when you’re not really turned on yet!)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
juveneta
not a newbie

Hi, sorry for the late response.
I feel like maybe it could be the G Spot, but i don’t feel any pleasure from it. it has the texture of the description of the g spot but feels a bit too rounded (?) to be a g spot. from diagrams i’ve seen the vagina including the g spot seem to be generally flat. it feels a lot more spacious once i’m past that area..
could it be the cervix even if it’s at the very entrance of my vagina but not outside? it’s also toward the top. i’m usually turned on and wet (weirdly i can get wet very easily by sticking my finger near it and liquid just flows a bit out, but not wet just by thoughts or touching my clit). i’ve never really masturbated with wetness down there because i mostly always masturbated by syntribation over my clothes and never direct touch. i’m really confused about my body and the way it works and the way i unintentionally conditioned it to be and i’m scared it’ll affect my first time :(
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Yep, it could be -- and sounds like, especially if it feels rounded with a little divet in the middle -- your cervix. During certain times of the fertility cycle, and when sitting at certain angles, the opening to the cervix can be right near the vaginal opening. The G-spot/urethral sponge, on the other hand, tend to be further inside.

I'm not sure I understand your concerns about your body and sex, or why you're focused on a first time (or what first time you mean, since there's about a million things a person can do sexually for the first time! :)). Fill me in a bit more, and let's see if I can help! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
juveneta
not a newbie

i don't think i felt a divet in the middle - and i didn't know the cervix could be located that close to the opening! i thought it was more towards to end as i read some things about girls complaining of discomfort when their partners go in too deep. for me, no matter how turned on i am or where i am in my cycle it seems like it's located in the same place.
i guess i'm scared that the round thing i feel near the opening makes it difficult for anything to enter my vagina. it's the rounded area i have to pass through with more force to get any deeper inside with more space. it almost hurts to put in 2 fingers, which i haven't been able to do because it's too tight right by the opening. i've never used a tampon and have only put in one finger which was already pretty difficult and im scared it'll be painful for my first PIV experience
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Juventa,

Okay, so if you're going past this part of your anatomy and then reaching a part of your vaginal canal on the other side with more space, and it has texture but no divet, it sounds more like your g-spot. The cervix isn't something you'll be able to push through.

The reason you might not feel pleasure from touching ypur g-spot comes down to the biggest thing needed for sex to 'work' which is that you have to be into it! If you're not aroused and wanting to do a thing then that thing is not going to feel good - and could even hurt. Being wet all by itself doesn't mean you're aroused. Maybe you haven't wanted it in those particular moments, maybe it's just not the thing that turns you on. That's okay! Focus on what *does* feel good. Same goes with sex.

You might like to read more here:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

Does that help?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Sorry if this complicates things, but it still could be your cervix and what feels like "through" for you might actually be *around.* The cervix juts into the vaginal canal, but one can still move fingers around it.

The way to find out for sure, of course, would be to schedule an exam with a gynecologist. I actually think that would be a good idea so that you can know, but also so you can be sure this isn't about anything that might need care.

I want to add that the idea something would be painful for a first time but not every time isn't really sound. Whatever might make something hurt a first time would make it hurt all the times unless something changed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic