Can’t masturbate - teen girl help

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
crwx
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Can’t masturbate - teen girl help

Unread post by crwx »

As the title says. I’ve searched how to do it and I’ve rubbed my fingers over my clit and nothing really happens - I just want to experience an orgasm tbh.

My family doesn’t talk about stuff like this so I don’t know how to do it but ofc being a teenager I’ve heard experiencing it feels good and I want to experience it too. :?
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Can’t masturbate - teen girl help

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hey crwx,

Masturbation can be complicated, especially when it's something you haven't really had the chance to explore before. I know you mentioned researching how to do it, but have you had a chance to check out related articles on Scarleteen such as Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation? You may be able to find advice you haven't heard before that may help clarify some questions for you.

Regardless of 'how' you masturbate (penetration, clitoral stimulation, etc.), exploring your body and your 'likes' can help you with maintaining arousal, interest, and lubrication which will only help in the long-run! Try starting without a specific goal of orgasm in mind; take it slowly and pay attention to your body and your mind. Everybody is a little different, so I can't tell you exactly what will work but be patient with yourself!
crwx
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Unread post by crwx »

Hi! Thank you so much for actually responding, it means a lot <3

As for the website you provided I have read it over multiple times but I almost feel like I need a step by step lol… But what you said that the end actually really helped ease some stress I was having over ‘not getting it right’. I was so focused on trying to figure out how to orgasm that I didn’t take time for myself.

That being said im still searching for ways to actually masurbate as a girl so if you have any tips or something that would be great !
Ro S
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/she
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Ro S »

Hey crwx,

I'm glad to hear that Caitlin's advice helped to ease some of your worries or concerns with masturbation. In the article that you've read, Heather lists some of the common ways that people masturbate with their genitals. Those can be useful ways to start exploring your own body and seeing if there's anything that feels particularly good. Have you explored some of those in your own body? If not, see if anything feels good and know that it's okay to experiment or try things you think would be fun even if they aren't listed in that article.

I want to add that self-exploration may require some time and patience, especially since you're newer to this form of experimentation with your body. Something to keep in mind is that approaching this as more lighthearted play rather than something with tons of expectations may help with making the process a lot simpler. You might not get to an orgasm in your first couple of tries but don't let that deter you from following what feels good in your body. My main piece of advice would be to just take it slowly and try different things with an open-mind. Does this all make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic