Pregnancy from precum?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
violetm
newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:44 pm
Age: 18
My primary language: english
My pronouns: she/her
My sexual identity and orientation: heterosexual
Location: usa

Pregnancy from precum?

Post by violetm »

Hi so i’ve been a bit stressed lately on this matter. I am very new to this part of life and have been experimental with my ex ranging from like handjobs, fingering, dryhumping, but no sex, but 2 Saturdays ago I was participating in these activities and we ended up humping bare. I assume that he had precum and he had made slight contact with my private part but not go in entirely or any penetration (we didn’t do this for very long probably about a minute as i got nervous). I know that the possibility of me becoming pregnant from his precum has little to no probability but I’m still stressed over the fact especially that over the past 3 ish days I have been getting spotting that I know has the same signs as implantation bleeding. I have a very irregular period where I’ve missed a month before so it’s very hard to track my period but I assume that I would have been supposed to get it recently and i have also experienced spotting before due to my irregular period. Also during the time of our hangout I’m pretty sure that I was either in my ovulation phase or near the end of it which i thought would make my matters worse. I’m just unsure what to make of this situation and if the stress could possibly just be further delaying my period?
mikky
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 11:08 am
Age: 25
My primary language: English
My pronouns: they/them
My sexual identity and orientation: queer
Location: Pacific North West

Re: Pregnancy from precum?

Post by mikky »

hey violetm, welcome to the boards!

Your suspicion that stress could be further delaying your period is much more likely to be the culprit than implantation bleeding from a pregnancy. As you have an irregular period, and aren't able to track consistently, we really don't know that you were ovulating, or even that your period is necessarily late and not, say, a very light period.

Here's why I am not concerned about the sexual activity you described:
Slight contact with a penis and a vulva, where the partner with a penis does not ejaculate on the vulva, in the vagina, or near the vagina, is not the right conditions for a pregnancy to occur. I think you might benefit from reading how a pregnancy does happen: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide. To be clear, genital to genital contact with no barriers is not something that is free of risk- it poses a risk for STIs, and we know that ejaculation can happen somewhat unpredictably, or one activity (like, frottage) becomes another (like, penis-in-vagina sex). So while this specific situation sounds extremely low risk and you are not pregnant, if you are enjoying these activities, you can add some measures for pregnancy and STI prevention: a condom could come in handy here!

It sounds like this is all feeling new and overwhelming to you. Can we check in on whether you are enjoying these activities? Are they feeling good? It sounds like this person is now an ex, are you continuing a sexual relationship while broken up?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post