experimenting
-
Kimctv
- not a newbie
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2026 6:29 pm
- Age: 16
- My pronouns: she/her
- Location: Canada
experimenting
Um I used a waterproof speaker as a vibrator is that dangerous 
-
Sofi
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:23 pm
- My Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
- My primary language: Spanish or English
- My pronouns: she/they
- My sexual identity and orientation: Queer
- Location: USA
Re: experimenting
Hi there, it's not specifically dangerous that I'm aware of, but probably not very sanitary if you're also using it for regular speaker purposes and/or not wiping it down before using it as a vibrator. But if you are, and it works for you, then I don't see an issue, just as long as this is your personal speaker and not a shared/house speaker others are using.
We do have an article on our site about making DIY sex toys with things you can easily get or already have at home, and how to be safe about it. You can read it here: D.I.Y Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition
We do have an article on our site about making DIY sex toys with things you can easily get or already have at home, and how to be safe about it. You can read it here: D.I.Y Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition
-
Kimctv
- not a newbie
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2026 6:29 pm
- Age: 16
- My pronouns: she/her
- Location: Canada
Re: experimenting
Thank you 
-
char
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 355
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2025 3:08 am
- Age: 26
- My Awesomeness Quotient: i have chromesthesia!
- My primary language: english
- My pronouns: they/them/theirs or xe/xem/xyrs
- My sexual identity and orientation: aromantic queer/bisexual
- Location: southeast asia (SEA)
Re: experimenting
You're welcome! We've seen your other posts, and either I or someone else on the team will get back to you 
The shining stars when the night falls / and the sun that leaves behind the sunset glow / They all have their unique colors! (=^・ェ・^=)