Considering circumcision
-
5er
- not a newbie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 10:55 am
- Age: 16
- My pronouns: he/him
- Location: Totnes
Considering circumcision
So I am a male with a biologically female partner. I find that whenever we have sex, or at least most of the time, entering them (for lack of better words) usually results in my foreskin rolling back to a painful degree. Occasionally feels like it may strain too far and rip, or if it gets past that point it's just uncomfortable. I'm considering getting circumcized for this reason, though I am curious about other solutions and also wondering if circumcizion may have any noticeable downsides.
-
KierC
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 901
- Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm
- Age: 29
- My Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
- My primary language: English
- My pronouns: She/they
- My sexual identity and orientation: Queer
- Location: Chicago, IL
Re: Considering circumcision
Hi 5er!
Many uncircumcised folks choose to pull their foreskin back before inserting their penis into something, so it doesn’t pull back during sexual activity. If you wear a condom, too, gently pulling the foreskin back before placing the condom can help keep the foreskin in that place. Does that sound doable to you?
Also, does it hurt when you pull it back at all, or is this just when it’s pulled back too far?
Many uncircumcised folks choose to pull their foreskin back before inserting their penis into something, so it doesn’t pull back during sexual activity. If you wear a condom, too, gently pulling the foreskin back before placing the condom can help keep the foreskin in that place. Does that sound doable to you?
Also, does it hurt when you pull it back at all, or is this just when it’s pulled back too far?
-
5er
- not a newbie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 10:55 am
- Age: 16
- My pronouns: he/him
- Location: Totnes
Re: Considering circumcision
Thanks very much for the recommendation Kier. I'll make some attempts next time I am intimate with that person.
Usually pulling it back is fine, just when I'm erect it causes the foreskin to have to stretch to go over the midpoint of the glans, which is the painful part. Feels uncomfortable having it back at all during intercourse, as doing so causes an internal ring or ridge like structure just behind the glans to become prominent, and is very very uncomfortable when that is directionally pressured; I would be amenable to attempting to get used to this, so as previously said I'll attempt to do so.
Usually pulling it back is fine, just when I'm erect it causes the foreskin to have to stretch to go over the midpoint of the glans, which is the painful part. Feels uncomfortable having it back at all during intercourse, as doing so causes an internal ring or ridge like structure just behind the glans to become prominent, and is very very uncomfortable when that is directionally pressured; I would be amenable to attempting to get used to this, so as previously said I'll attempt to do so.
-
Latha
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 1395
- Joined: Sat May 22, 2021 8:13 am
- Age: 23
- My primary language: English
- My pronouns: they/she/he
- My sexual identity and orientation: Queer
- Location: USA/India
Re: Considering circumcision
Hi there, 5er
If you are consistently having pain with erections, I think it would be a good idea to have a doctor physically examine you before we think about just getting used to it--the discomfort could be due to a condition like phimosis, and there are ways to help with that. Do you think you could make an appointment to see a primary care doctor or urologist?
If you are consistently having pain with erections, I think it would be a good idea to have a doctor physically examine you before we think about just getting used to it--the discomfort could be due to a condition like phimosis, and there are ways to help with that. Do you think you could make an appointment to see a primary care doctor or urologist?
-
5er
- not a newbie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 10:55 am
- Age: 16
- My pronouns: he/him
- Location: Totnes
Re: Considering circumcision
I suppose I could have an examination. But as I said, erections are fine, it's just anything with repositioning the foreskin during erections causes discomfort in some way or another. As it is fine to do while flaccid and is POSSIBLE while erect, I doubt I have phimosis.