pain after sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gavilaroba123
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

pain after sex

Unread post by gavilaroba123 »

Hello,
a few weeks ago i had a colposcopy and a biopsy was required.
ever since the procedure whenever me and my boyfriend have sex (both protected and unprotected) i have been getting lower abdomen pain for a while after we are done, i am on birth control and take the pill at the same time every day so i dont think it is due to being pregnant, but could it be something serious?
im quite worried about it
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: pain after sex

Unread post by Heather »

That's not unusual: often after colposcopies with cervical biopsies, doctors advise patients to wait one to three weeks (sometimes less, sometimes more) before having intercourse because of both the risk of infection, but also because pain or tenderness with it -- sometimes involving the whole pelvic region, not just the vagina -- to some degree is likely.

I'd suggest you call the healthcare provider who ordered these procedures for you and let them know. They'll be able to determine by talking with you if this is a situation where they want to follow up and make sure everything is okay or not, and can advise you about this soundly.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic