Started pill pack 3 days late

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bilmj004

Started pill pack 3 days late

Unread post by bilmj004 »

So I have been on the pill for about 5 years, I just had my "period/withdrawal bleed" and finished it on Friday 28th October.
I was supposed to start new pack of pills on Saturday and forgot until today Tuesday 1st November, so missed first three pills. Between Friday and Tuesday I had 2 lots of unprotected sex.
Could this mean I could get pregnant? Because technically I had been off the pill for 10 days during period and missing 3 pills?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Started pill pack 3 days late

Unread post by Redskies »

Missing 3 pills does impact how effective your pill is likely to be, and it means you can't rely on it for contraceptive protection.

Because you made a mistake with your pill-taking and don't have your pill's full coverage, this is a situation where using emergency contraception is a good option for you if you don't want to become pregnant, because EC would reduce the chance of pregnancy: EC can be effective up to 120 hours after a risk. If you'd like to use EC, do you know where and how to get it? It's more effective the sooner you take it.

If you don't want to become pregnant, you'll want to use a back-up method, like condoms, for the rest of this pill pack.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic