We love you so much, we made you a mixtape.

Site or organizational updates, like new content, tools or services, activist alerts, news or other Scarleteen-related information.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

We love you so much, we made you a mixtape.

Unread post by Heather »

This original blog post is over here.

We made a few of them, actually. And we're going to keep making a few of them to share with you over every month, because some of us love making mixes and all of us love all of you! Sometimes we'll even deliver you some extra sex and relationships education at the same time, just because we're awesome like that (also, it's our job, but whatever).

The first of this month's batch is brought to you by myself and some other musically-obsessed members of the Scarleteam: Al, Beth Ann, Jacob, Sam, Alice and Izzy. We were thinking about how this time of year is often one where change and reinventing oneself can live large, whether that's about starting school or about coming to the end of a summer full of self exploration, adventure, reflection or even heartache, and bringing the new who-you-became into the fall. These tracks inspired our inner butterflies.

So! Why don't you wiggle your fuzzy caterpillary self into a cocoon and emerge anew boogying with us and this mix on Apple Music or Spotify.

Here's to whoever the whole new you is right now. <3

On the turntable this time around:
  • Wig in a Box - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
    Double Dare Ya - Bikini Kill
    Scuse Me - Lizzo
    Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
    Freak Flag - Laura Love
    i - Kendrick Lamar
    Follow Your Arrow - Kacey Musgraves
    A Better Son/Daughter - Rilo Kiley
    Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
    True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
    Burn the Pages - Sia
    Changes - David Bowie
    Stranger Things - Local Natives
    Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls
    Me Too - Meghan Trainor
    I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
    Try Everything - Shakira
    Third Eye - Florence + The Machine
    How Far I'll Go - Alessia Cara
    I Like That - Janelle Monáe
    Got to Give It Up - Marvin Gaye
    Dancing Queen - ABBA
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead