Tummy pain after masturbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
paperflowers
not a newbie

Tummy pain after masturbation

Unread post by paperflowers »

Hello! Is it normal for my lower tummy to hurt after I masturbate? I have not been involved intimately with no one and I never use anything to pleasure myself with but recently, it always hurts after I do it.. please help! I am worried that maybe somehow I ruined my body..
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Tummy pain after masturbation

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to the boards, paperflowers.

If you're not doing anything that hurts while you're doing it, it's very unlikely that you're doing anything that's bad for your body. I'm very sure that you haven't ruined your body :)

When it hurts, is it anything like the kinds of aches you might get after you've been really active and doing physically hard work? Sometimes, during masturbation or other kinds of sex, we can hold a lot of tension in some parts of our bodies. When we're tense, our muscles are doing a lot of work, maybe work that they're not used to. So, you might be feeling some muscular aches or soreness from tension.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
paperflowers
not a newbie

Thank you!
No, it's a different kind of pain.. I am worried that it might be my ovaries that hurt..
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

There's no reason why your ovaries would hurt because of masturbation. Ovaries are internal organs, and things that you do on the outside of your body can't affect them. Exactly as in the same way that rubbing your lips or nose won't hurt your lungs :)

It sounds like you might like some information on your reproductive organs and genitals, or on masturbation. We have lots on the site - would you like some links to any of that?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
paperflowers
not a newbie

I understand.. I was verry worried that maybe it did something to me inside the tummy ;-; I hope that everything is okay.. but its very uncomfortable after I finish and it starts to hurt that way.
Yes, yes please I would like some links on that!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Is this pain happening after masturbation with orgasm, without orgasm, or both?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
paperflowers
not a newbie

With orgasm..
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Okay.

Then what is most likely, if this is the only time that is happening, is that the uterine contractions that are often part of orgasm are what is causing or triggering the pain.

If you have had any basic GYN healthcare lately, like a basic exam, and no one had any cause for concern, then you may just be sensitive to those muscular contractions, and over time, you will probably become less so. If you have not had that kind of sexual healthcare lately, you might just want to do that so you can be sure this is not about pain from an underlying condition, like a uterine or ovarian cyst, for instance, being triggered by this.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
paperflowers
not a newbie

I don't want to go to a gyn... I am embarrassed to do that.. at least not yet, maybe when I get older, isn't there any other way to be able to know if I had a cyst? Like an ecography or something...
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's likely that if you went to a general practitioner for something that turned out to be an ovarian cyst they'd refer you to a gynecologist anyway, but you could start with your general practitioner if you like.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic