Breast pain or chest pain?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
sarysar123
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Breast pain or chest pain?

Unread post by sarysar123 »

Hello! So I know that breast pain can be be associated to many things related to sexual and women health..
I guess I'm just confused. A few days ago (the day I expected to ovulate and this happens every month) I developed breast pain. The problem is, it never went away. Now my period is expected next week, so that may be a cause I know, but also the more I think about it, I don't really know if it's breast pain.. The actual breasts don't hurt, it's more my chest. And they don't hurt at all even if I press very firmly on them. I've also be experiencing some mucous in my nose and throat along with a thick feeling in my chest.

So this is a dumb question kind of, but... Can you possibly explain the difference more between chest and breast pain? And maybe help me determine what it is?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Breast pain or chest pain?

Unread post by Mo »

We can't really determine exactly what kind of pain you're feeling, but in general breast soreness or tenderness is going to be an ache that feels like it's in or just beneath the breast tissue itself; it might feel tight or sore or more sensitive to pressure. Chest pain won't be in just the breast area; I'm not sure how to describe that, as sorts of chest pain can vary, but if you aren't feeling breast-specific pain then I'd probably call that chest pain. Beyond that, though, there isn't much we can tell you for sure over the internet. If you're noticing pain, especially for several days, then checking in with a doctor may be a good idea.
sarysar123
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by sarysar123 »

I mean it hurts when I breathe or when I go outside in the cold, so I'm guessing it's chest pain.
It isn't on my breast really at all. Thanks for your help!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

You're welcome! It sounds like you might be getting a chest cold, if you're noticing congestion as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic